Next F::Q release?

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Mon Sep 24 04:34:52 EDT 2012

"Frank H. Ellenberger" <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi again,
>
> BTW because here on the list are so many users, who benefit from F::Q,
> probably the one or other of them could help you. What are the
> requirements to become a Finance-Quote developer?

Hi Frank,

Thanks for launching the subject ;)

F::Q is written in Perl. So that knowledge is required if you want to
help in development. However that is not the most important task F::Q
needs to be fullfilled today.

F::Q is a webscraping utility and therefor we need to keep track of
website changes. That almost happens automatically as people report bugs
when a site changes. Most often they sent patches which need to be
checked. Also I insist on having a test file for every web-site to
autodetect changes. So there is an automatic incoming flow of work to be
done.

F::Q therefor needs someone who checks out and follows the
bug-reports. The requirements for this are :
- being well-organised,
- having recurrent free time (count approx 4 hours / week for starting,
which should diminish once bugs get solved and F::Q gets on track again)
- Basic command-line knowledge. Preferably Unix.
- Understanding quotes/markets etc is definitely a +.

Bug reports should be converted into test files which are basically
small statements which should be failing to confirm the bug. We also
need to keep a link between a bug report and the corresponding failing
test to easily close bug reports once they are solved.

Anyone who fits the description, please send a direct mail to me.

best
--
erik