Refunds and rebates causing imbalances - where original payment(s) is/are difficult to record

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 06:23:22 EDT 2012

	In case 1, I would expect the credit to come from the same expense
account the withdrawals went to.  This would make everything balanced.  In
case 2, which is slightly more complicated, I don't know if this is correct,
but I assume you are using opening balance accounts, and as such, I would
add an expense from the opening balance, then refund from that same expense
account.  Finally, in case 3, I believe you need the credit, as otherwise
your credit card account shows you owing more than you do, so I would change
the transaction linked to imbalance to be linked to the expense account the
original charge went to (basically, the same thing as case 1, only simpler).
	Dustin