Follow up question on Checking Account Balancing

ANTHONY NELSON tonyn999 at me.com
Thu Sep 27 10:30:01 EDT 2012

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Can you tell me where I go to delete the process payment transaction?  Would this be in the AR section?  Or somewhere else?

Many thanks,
Tony

Message: 12
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:23:55 +0100
From: "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net>
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Cc: ANTHONY NELSON <tonyn999 at me.com>
Subject: Re: Checking Account Balancing

On Wed 26 September 12 14:30:59 ANTHONY NELSON wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm hoping you can help me resolve an issue.
>
> I created an invoice with two line items.
> Invoice 333
>     Service A: $100
>     Service B: $200
>  Total: $300
>
> The customer sent me a check for Service A ($100) in July.  I deposited this
> into the checking account, and the $100 shows up in my bank statement.
> Later in August the customer paid for Service B ($200), which I deposited.
> Then I received payment in GnuCash.
>
> Now when I try to reconcile my July bank statement I can't because the bank
> statement includes a deposit of $100, but GnuCash is expecting the $300 in
> August.
>
> How can I back out of this and rectify the situation?

Hi Tony.

Delete the process payment transaction for the $300, which you created.  Then
process payment again, but alter the "ammount" box  to a partial payment of
$100, dated in july.  Then process payment agian, for $200, dated in august.

HTH,
MAf.