Finance::Quote 1.18 released

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Sun Sep 30 11:16:06 EDT 2012

On Sep 30, 2012, at 10:58 AM, Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please note that Finance::Quote 1.18 has been uploaded to cpan and
> sourceforge.  It doesn't solve all module errors but some important ones
> as i.e. tiaacref.
>
> best
> --
> erik

Erik talked me through some issues I was having - seems to be related to old gnucash F::Q from the days when I used gnucash via Macports.

I did get the new F::Q module successfully installed on my Mac laptop that didn't have that old cruft and it passes the tests for the Tiaacref module, but gnucash still doesn't seem to work correctly with Tiaacref so it seems to be an issue with the way gnucash is calling F::Q for the tiaa cref quotes. It seems the date and currency aren't being passed correctly.

$ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump tiaacref CREFbond
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: CREFbond (deduced)   <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== required
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

while Yahoo works fine for other quotes.

 $ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump yahoo aapl

No results found for stock aapl, but results were returned for
the stock(s) AAPL.  Printing data for the first stock returned.

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: AAPL                 <=== required
      date: 09/28/2012           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 667.105              <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 667.105              <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

Dave