Getting python binding to work

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 12:13:30 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Niranjan Rao <nhrdls at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Wanted to try python interface, but facing some problems.
>
> Platform Ubuntu 12.04, Gnucash 2.4.10 installed from ubuntu repository.
>
> I also installed python-gnucash from standard ubuntu repositories.
>
> When I try to run simple_test.py that got installed with python-gnucash package, I am getting following error.
>
> * 16:43:38  WARN <gnc.backend.dbi> [gnc_module_init_backend_dbi()] No DBD drivers found
> * 16:43:38  CRIT <GLib> g_hash_table_foreach: assertion `version == hash_table->version' failed
>

> What do I need to do get it working?

This is just a guess, but what happens if you install one of the
database server drivers, such as the libdbd-mysql package? Maybe the
python-gnucash package has a dependency between python-gnucash and
non-XML backends that didn't get into the packaging? (As I said this
is just a guess.)

I believe you can have the libdbd-mysql (or libdbd-pgsql or
libdbd-sqlite3) package(s) installed and not use them.