GNUCASH Trial From QB - Reports Quirks

Dominic Grosleau farbauti_19 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 4 18:07:00 EDT 2013

Good Day - I am currently running a migration trial from QuickBooks to GNUCASH 2.4.11 and would like to know how to display standard financial report headers on 3 lines such as.:

COMPANY NAME
Balance Sheet
December 31, 200x

Which are the default report headers in QuickBooks, Quicken, and Simply Accounting...

As it stands right now, it seems like all that I can do with gnucash is display a report with a 1-liner header such as:

Balance Sheet, 12/31/2013

As well, I would be grateful to pointers on how to modify report calculations.  As it stands, my example balance sheet report displays Assets of $101.00, Liability of $0.00, 2 Equity accounts (305.20 and 149.22) then states Retained losses of 353.42, Total Equity of 101.00 and a Total Liability & Equity of 101.00     ..... I suspect a miscalculation somewhere ...

Anyone willing to provide me with some help?   When reading the WIKI it talked about modifying report scheme files but I dont know that programming language.