General Journal

Ian Konen iankonen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 15:33:12 EDT 2013

I'm inclined to agree with David T here: this point about how to enter
transactions is getting repetitive and I don't really have anything new to
add.  I'm not going to engage on the merits of cloud computing, that's for
another mailing list.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM, <cgw993 at aol.com> wrote:

> For example, download the CSV from your bank.  GC should ask for the
> appropriate fields, and you tell it.   GC sort does this, but does not use
> Debits and Credits, no they  use deposits and withdrawals which is not the

Aha!  This, however, I can offer concrete help:  That is a preference
setting and it can be switched using Edit->Preferences, then in the dialog
Accounts tab -> "Use Formal accounting labels".  Rage at the injustice of
that not being the default setting, but at least you can change it. It is
documented and perhaps makes the point that you might not find GnuCash
quite so morally compromised if you spend a little more time reading the
documentation (and adjusting preferences where it helps...you might also be
interested in the Register Defaults->Default Style setting)

--
Ian Konen
iankonen at gmail.com
www.linkedin.com/in/iankonen