Cash Sale Linked to customers ?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Aug 9 05:51:43 EDT 2013

On Thu 8 August 13 19:49:05 sam_i_am_not wrote:
> We're a small NGO receiving cash donations from various regular donors, I'd
> love to keep track of how much they have donated.  I assume I do this by
> setting them us as "customers" and their donation is a "cash sale" but how ?
> I have no need of invoicing.

Hi,

I would probably not use the invoice subsystem for this use-case.

How about an income tree excerpt something like:

Income:
	Donations:
		Fred
		Jane
		Dipak
		Annie

You can see the total from each donor easily, you can see the total donations
easily.  Yes, this may get unwieldy if the number of donors is large or
frequently changing, but the invoice subsystem will be similarly unwieldy.

If Fred left the area and stopped donating, you could re-parent his account to
something like
Income:Donations:Former-Donors:  (and make it hidden, placeholder etc)
to try to keep some of the cruft out of the "live" accounts tree

HTH,
Maf.