Selection of account & maintaining parallel entries in two currencies

mkashif mdkareemuddin.kashif at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 23:50:06 EDT 2013

Hello All,

I need your advise in selecting an appropriate account for the below
business:

1) Purchases of goods are made in bulk from China & those are sold to
retailers in smaller size lots. We pay excise duty, which is a fixed
percentage of the cost of the goods. After we sold the goods, our customers
pay   another tax called VAT, which is also a fixed % of the price of the
goods. We want to capture all these details and make a profit and Loss
account on monthly/yearly basis.

2) I also want to make parallel entries for each transaction in two
different currencies. I don't wish to use conversion rate as such. Just want
to track all transactions in two different currencies.

Please help on how can this be done in GnuCash.