"Automatic Payment Forward" - what the hell?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Aug 13 06:13:37 EDT 2013

Hi Tereque

You'll need Derek to go into the mechanics, but AFAIK, the "automatic payment
forward" happens if you book more payment than has been invoiced.

Say you have a invoice for £70, and payment comes for £100.  you'll get an
A.P.F of £30.

I think it comes about if you try to pay several invoices with one payment -
whilst GC by default will allocate payments to the oldest invoice first
(FIFO).  You can make one invoice "jump the queue", but not several.  EG. if
invoices 1 to 5 are outstanding, you can allocate payment to no.3, but not 2
and 4 - you'll pay 1 and part of 2.

that may be why you see some randomness in the sums and dates for these
payments.

HTH,
Maf.