Transaction register question

Robert Kesterson robertk at robertk.com
Fri Aug 16 07:33:04 EDT 2013

I've got the latest beta version of gnucash installed on my Mac, and it
has an annoying new feature that I can't figure out how to turn off.  I
think it has already been mentioned on this list recently, and I tried
to search the archive at lists.gnucash.org, but that web page is
horribly broken in Safari.

So anyway, the question is:  How do I turn off that second scrollbar on
the left and return the register to the "old" behavior?  I know it must
be possible because my checking account register operates just like it
always has, but my other accounts (credit cards, etc) have that second
scrollbar and they don't respond to the "Enter" key like they should (I
have to use the arrow key to move off a transaction, then click the
button to record the changes).

I know I could roll back a version or two, but if there's an option to
turn that new feature off, I'd rather just do that, and I thought I
recalled someone saying you could do that.