Converting names to UTF-8 in authors

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 17 19:25:43 EDT 2013

On Aug 17, 2013, at 3:34 PM, Tae Wong <seotaewong40 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please correct Mantas Kriaučiūnas' last name in AbiWord's credits file.

Wrong List. This is the GnuCash user list. We have nothing at all to do with AbiWord.

> Quote: The encoding seems to be a trac problem...
>
> The AUTHORS file uses a conversion of UTF-8 to Windows-1252.

It most certainly doesn't.

> When trying to view po/lt.po, you get an error that trac needs to display it.
> HTML preview not available, since the file size exceeds {number
> here...} bytes. Try downloading the file instead.

I'm one of the devs, I already have a working directory. That's how I'm able to be sure that the file is encoded in utf-8.

I set the svn:mime-type property on AUTHORS to "text/plain charset=utf-8" and now they display correctly in trac. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,
John Ralls