Reconciled Account Using Wrong Date

jcard Anyname jcard21 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 16:50:28 EDT 2013

I've used gnuCash since April, 2009. I now using Windows 8 and gnuCash
2.4.11 (from Help>About - This copy was built from svn r22268 on
2012-07-15.)

I successfully (diff=$0.00) reconciled my Checking Account using
2013-08-24 instead of 2013-08-23. Apparently, I had no 2013-08-24 txns
which would throw the reconcile off.

But, afterwards, I also made a whole bunch of txn additions and some
modifications... too numerous to try to recreate.

I didn't notice the incorrect reconcile-date until I was all done with
my session, when I generated a new Transaction Report (it lists the
reconcile-dates for each txn/split).

QUESTION:

1) Is there a simple way to correct an Checking Acccount
reconcile-date and the individual txns'/splits' reconcile-dates,
without editing the xml file?

I tried editing (made a copy of my xml file, changed all
"reconcile-dates" from 2013-08-24 to 2013-08-23, opened the
copied/modded file in gnuCash ... the Account Window tab/list still
showed my Checking Account Reconcile-Date as 2013-08-24 (stored
outside my xml file?).

I didn't bother reloading my Transaction Report because it no longer
was open in a separate tabs, and I didn't feel like creating it from
scratch again.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

--
jcard21