Un-hiding Parent Account

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 03:54:09 EDT 2013

On 31 Aug 2013, at 08:12, Derek Day <gsis at vfemail.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On my chart of accounts I thought it would be a good idea to hide one of the top level accounts (Equity). I've now realised that wasn't such a good idea after all and would like to un-hide it.
>
> I can't find it. It's too well hidden! Because it's hidden it doesn't appear in the accounts window, so I can't select it to edit it. There's nothing jumping out at me and there doesn't seem to be anything in the documentation about this.
>
> That's another fine mess I've gotten me into...!
>
> DerekD

A quick Google found me this...

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2008-December/027831.html

…but the View menu option to show hidden accounts seems not to be there now.

I tried the experiment quickly, before Autosave had committed the account I'd hidden to oblivion!

If you hid the account you want to see quite recently, you might just go for a recent backup, and face the pain of re-entering subsequent transactions.

Michael