Possible to change colour color of foreground text "Total" column on Account Tree view?

Graham Bygrave graham at bygrave.org
Wed Dec 4 08:19:18 EST 2013

Dug about a bit and found this in the source code - the colour seems to be
hard coded. <tut>

In: ./src/gnome-utils/gnc-tree-model-account.c @ line 557

546 static void
547 gnc_tree_model_account_set_color(GncTreeModelAccount *model,
548                                  gboolean negative,
549                                  GValue *value)
550 {
551     GncTreeModelAccountPrivate *priv;
552
553     priv = GNC_TREE_MODEL_ACCOUNT_GET_PRIVATE(model);
554     if (negative)
555         g_value_set_static_string (value, priv->negative_color);
556     else
557         g_value_set_static_string (value, "black");
558 }

Changed "black" to "green", recompiled and it seems to have modified the colour
in just this one place.

I'm running Mint (Ubuntu) and had a slight issue when configuring the build -
dependencies seemed to be missing libgtkhtml3.  I installed the 3.14 dev
packaged and configure then succeeded and I was able to make / make install
fine.

Remember to include your /usr/local/lib in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Best,
G.