Entering Credit Card Charges/Payments

gnunam nsrathi at aol.com
Wed Dec 11 18:34:22 EST 2013

I have accounts created for my credit cards as follows:

Liabilities -> Current Liabilities -> Credit Cards Payable -> Visa

The 'Visa' account, and the 'Credit Cards Payable' Parent Accounts are
created under the 'Credit Card' type.
The 'Liabilities' and the 'Current Liabilities' accounts are created under
the 'Liabilities' type.

My question is that the column labels for both, the 'Visa' and 'Credit Cards
Payable' accounts are *not* 'Payments' and 'Charges,' but show as 'Tot
Debit' and 'Tot Credit.'

Why???

Please help me get this corrected so that the appropriate columns appear for
credit cards.

Thanks!