Is there any way I can customise/move columns in an Account Register just like you can do so in the Account Tab Display?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 13 12:46:20 EST 2013

Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu> writes:

> --On December 11, 2013 12:44:41 PM -0800 John Ralls
> <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 12:27 PM, James Martin <jmartin9 at frontiernet.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No problem there.    But my main concern:    I'd still like to know
>>> where in the source files it is.
>
> I think it's in gnc_split_register_set_cells in
> src/register/ledger-core/split-register-layout.c.  It's at least
> partly there.  I would start by changing that code and see what
> happens.  The next two functions in that file
> (gnc_split_register_layout_add_cursors and
> gnc_split_register_layout_add_cells) are also related to laying out
> the register, but I don't think they need to be changed to change the
> order of columns.
>
> This, of course, is for the old register code.  I don't know where the
> new register code hides that info, but that's probably not relevant.
> I think the long range plan is to make it configurable there.

Also note that most likely there will be other issues if you just swap
the columns.  There is probably other code that assumes what column is
at what offset.