Merging transactions

Tony Austin dolrund at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 16:33:32 EST 2013

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm new to GnuCash. I've been
using it for a couple of weeks, but now I'm stumped.

I went into the supermarket today and I spent approximately £100. £25 of
this was on computer equipment (new keyboard, blank DVDs) but £75 of this
was on food.

In my GnuCash I have two separate accounts for these. I have one for "Food
& Drink" and one for "Computer Equipment" and I entered these as two
separate transactions.

I paid for these using my credit card and they will show on my credit card
bill as a single £100 transaction. I'd like to be able to easily reconcile
this when the bill comes through and show it in my GnuCash "Credit Card"
account.

Is there any way to merge these transactions in to one? Kind of like the
opposite of a split transaction?