Windows 7 to Ubuntu

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 13 22:34:33 EST 2013

Thanks for the helpful replies all.

Ok, checked the installed version which is in the 12,04 LTS distro which is
2.4.10 - The version I am currently using is later 2.4.13.

Being a bit of a newbie to Ubuntu Linux I opted for the 'Getdeb' installer
which installed ok. On clicking the link 'install now' for the updated
2.4.13 package it prompts for a software opening the recently downloaded
'getdeb' software folder.

Once clicked it then loads a command into the browser URL to (I presume)
download the latest version. Unfortunately that's all, it just stops with a
blank screen?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

David