Help on gnc-fq-dump output

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Tue Dec 17 21:26:48 EST 2013

On Dec 17, 2013, at 4:38 AM, Strainu <strainu10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It mostly works. That is, if I open a new book and add only this fund,
> I always get the value. If I use my normal file (where I have a couple
> currencies, some Nasdaq symbols and about 5 funds), F::Q chokes on
> random quotes. I was trying to determine where exactly is the problem
> by using gnc-fq-dump.
>
> Since it works in GnuCash, I suppose the problem is in gnc-fq-dump.
> Should I log a bug for this?

So it works ok except that sometimes GnuCash fails to get a few quotes, is that right?  This may be "normal" behavior depending on your network connection, etc.  Finance-Quote relies on screen scraping to get its info and this isn't always reliable.  At any rate, I don't think this is a GnuCash problem.  Finance-Quote is a separate product with its own support system.

What makes you think that gnu-fq-dump isn't working?  The sample you quoted looked fine to me.

           Mike