Balancing the balance sheet (multi-currency issues?)

Egbert van der Wal ewal at pointpro.nl
Sat Dec 21 04:46:29 EST 2013

On 20/12/13 19:50, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Egbert van der Wal <ewal at pointpro.nl> writes:
>
>> How can I generate a balance sheet that has a total under 'Assets'
>> that exactly matches the total at the bottom of 'Liabilities &
>> Equity'?
> You need to account for the gains/losses of your currency exchanges.

Be that as it may, in all my accounting classes I've always been taught
that a balance should be... well... balanced! And it's not, currently.
Is there any way to reroute these gains / losses of currency exchanges
to an expenses account, for example, to make the balance balance?

Thanks,

Egbert van der Wal