losing data

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Dec 22 05:06:44 EST 2013

On Sun 22 December 13 09:17:10 Chris Bester wrote:
> Hi There
>

> I notice now that above my toolbar, on the top left hand, you can hardly see
> it, a bar appears with a tiny Gnucash icon and next to it ; Balance Sheet
> equile Aug. 2013 followed by the name of the account or report I am working
> with.  As I jump between reports or accounts, that name appears, but the
> Balance sheet equile Aug. 2013 remains the same.  I have also discovered
> that when I open Windows in my toolbar, the same appears there.  Could this
> have anything to do with my continuous losing data entered after the end of
> August?  What is bar for in any case?

Hi Chris,

Any chance of a screenshot?  I'm not on a windows system, but my GC window
layout is something like:
Window Frame with current filename in it
Menu Bar
Tool Buttons
Tabs for registers & reports
Main display of tree/register/report

If windows follows the same general layout, then I'd suggest that the "balance
sheet....2013" is the filename of the accounts data file that is presently
open.  This may suggest that you have the wrong data file in use.

Do you have any entries in File -> {recently opened file list}, which is
between File -> properties & File -> close on my version.

HTH,
Maf.