Preconfigured Reports

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Dec 24 05:48:27 EST 2013

On Tuesday 24 December 2013 09:38:58 John Gowing wrote:
>    Hi Peter
>    I am using GC 2.4.10 (Current release in Ubuntu 12.04; 2.4.13 is
> latest stable), and I don't see a Save As button for reports, or a
> "Pre-Configured Reports Dialog"
>    Once you have a report open, There is a "Disk with a Down Arrow"
> button with a "Add the current report to the Custom Menu" function,
> which is exactly what it does, however remember you MUST change the
> Name of the report for this button to become active.
>    Reports thus saved are then available from the main Menu Bar >
> Reports
>    > Custom Reports Option which will give the dialog with the list of
>
>    customer reports from which to choose.

Hi John,

Peter is referring to the current development releases of GnuCash. The report saving code has
changed in these versions.

For starters, you don't need to change the report name any more before saving it and there
are two buttons on the tool bar now: one to save a report with a different name, or one to
overwrite an already saved report (similar to how "save" and "save as" work for ordinary files).

What is still as before is the name of the menu item to reopen a saved report.

Peter, to open your preconfigured reports again, you can use
"Reports->Custom Reports"

This is a blatant inconsistency in the renewed report saving code, which I'll fix before 2.6 is
released still. The dialog and menu should use the same terminology.

Geert