losing data

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Dec 27 09:52:37 EST 2013

On Fri 27 December 13 12:53:24 you wrote:

> Could you be so kind as to explain your sentence on Multicolumn more
> clearly.  I am not sure I know what IIRC means.
>

> Multicolumn report - IIRC, options, set columns to 2, then contents tab, add
> 2 balance sheets.  then, at the bottom of the generated balance sheets,
> there is a "report options" link that will let you get the reporting date
> etc. for the left and right hand balance sheets.

HI Chris,

IIRC = If I recall / remember correctly.  Shorthand for "I haven't got gnucash
open and running at the moment, but the menu entries and buttons you need are
something like this - but use your judgement as my memory is not perfect..."

Run the multicolumn report and press the options button.  Within the dialogue
box that pops up, set columns to 2 and in the contents tab add 2 balance sheet
reports.  Hit OK, and you'll get 2 identical reports side-by-side.  At the
bottom of those reports, there is a "report ons" link (blue on my machine)
which will let you tweak the individual balance sheets that are displayed.

HTH,
Maf.