Sign error - budget reports

Abhijit Kshirsagar abhijit86k at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 14:42:31 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have an account of type "bank" in Gnucash for a savings account. I
make deposits over a month as savings, and I have entered a
corresponding amount in a budget as a "target savings" per month.
The budget report seems to be doing (Bgt - Act), and when Act is >0
(savings accrued), the report shows red, negative numbers whereas
these should be positive, as if it were an expense or liability
account.

I looked through some of the scheme code, and there seems to be a
condition for getting the correct sign for Equity and Income accounts,
but should this not also apply to Asset accounts? Or am I missing
something here?

Thanks in advance,
Abhijit