Batch/scheduled transactions

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Dec 31 13:16:31 EST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, December 31, 2013 1:00 pm, PK wrote:
> Sorry John, this was supposed to be reply-all...
>

> 1) The SX for getting paid was split to just distribute it over the
> subaccounts so it would be there when something was paid. Some are regular
> bills, which I do have a separate SX defined to run on specific dates that
> pulls from it's respective subaccount (as you mentioned in #2), but some
> are just 'holding' pots for less strictly scheduled items (dog food,
> kennel
> costs, vet bills, etc). Using the 2 week frequency still doesn't account
> for the months with a 3rd payday.

I don't really understand your problem here.  You should have one SX for
your salary/payday income transaction (that splits your Income into your
Tax Withholding Expense accounts and your Asset account(s) for you bucket
budgeting).  And then you have your OTHER SXes for your regular expenses
that will credit the appropriate asset account and debit the Expense
account.

You SHOULD NOT make this one SX.  They should be separate, because they DO
happen ad different frequencies.  So your Income SX will run 3 times in
May, but that's great, it means you get an extra pay-day worth of salary
that month that you didn't budget for, so you have an excess.  But that's
okay!  You could always shift around your buckets.

So I don't see your problem here.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745