Balance sheet does not tally

Alun Champion alun at achampion.net
Tue Dec 31 13:18:32 EST 2013

Which version of Gnucash are you using?
In the latest (2.5.X & 2.6.X) I found a lot of my multi-currency
transactions were not balancing (I use trading accounts). I had to
manually edit the exchange rate for all the unbalanced ones. It seems
that Gnucash 2.4 didn't validate the exchange rate and allowed me to
manually enter the splits of foreign transactions. When the exchange
rate was fixed the same transaction then balanced.
E.g.
Account $: 150
Account £: -100
Trading:Currency:USD: -$150
Trading:Currency:GBP: £100

Balanced in 2.4, unbalanced in 2.5/2.6 until I fixed the exchange rate to 1.5
   -Alun.