Upgraded OS to Mountain Lion, downloaded latest GnuCash and RUNS CRIPPLINGLY SLOW

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Fri Feb 1 18:09:12 EST 2013

On 2/02/13 04:45, Emily Szabo wrote:
> ... I can't
> even tell you which version of GnuCash I am running because I can't get the
> menu to drop down so I can locate it!
On OS X, you don't need to run GnuCash to get its version number. Go to
the Applications folder where GnuCash is installed, Control-click (or
right-click if you have a multi-button mouse) and select Get Info in the
context menu. The version number is listed in the Get Info window.

I haven't had any problems with GnuCash performance on Mountain Lion
(I'm running OS X 10.8.2 and GnuCash 2.4.11), but I only use GnuCash for
personal finances and my account file isn't all that big (about 0.5MB).

Cheers,
Peter