Issue with Online Banking and multiple accounts

trevan_gnucash at therichins.net trevan_gnucash at therichins.net
Sat Feb 2 18:55:28 EST 2013

I'm trying to get Online Banking to work with my accounts.  I have two
logins to the same bank (mine and my wife's).  I was able to add both
the users to the AqBanking setup.  But when I went to retrieve the
accounts, it combined the two.  In my login, I have 4 accounts (0001,
0007, 0050, 0135).  In my wife's login, she has 3 accounts (0001, 0007,
0050).  Since the account numbers are the same, it treats them as a
single account, yet they are two distinct accounts.  It doesn't seem to
care about the logins.  Is there something I can do to fix this?

I did find a work around.  I manually created the accounts and attached
them to the correct user (I had to actually edit the config file because
the "user" line was not being set).  I then started to import the
transactions for my 0001 account.  That went perfectly. It asked me to
select an account for all the transactions (Assets:Current
Assets:His:Savings) and the transactions were imported correctly.  I
then went to import my wife's 0001 account and it didn't ask me to
select an account for all the transactions. Instead, it just assumed the
it was mine (Assets:Current Assets:His:Savings).  It looks like it is
confused by the fact that the bank routing number and account number are
the same for both of us.  But shouldn't it care that it is from two
different users?  I don't know how to work around this (besides manually
doing the import myself).  Is this a bug or am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks,
Trevan