gnucash queries

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Feb 3 15:57:57 EST 2013

On Sun 3 February 13 16:19:23 Jonathan Silvey wrote:
> Got a couple of questions, as a newcomer to gnucash, but very familiar with
> Quicken:
> Is there anyway of recording notes on a transaction, equivalent to Memo in
> Quicken?

Yep, use the double-line view mode, each transaction can then have a free-form
text memo with it.

> Also, now that I am using the ready-provided list of transfer accounts, is
> there any way of getting rid of most of them to make it more user friendly?
> I started using gnucash without going through the stup stages where I now
> see I could have cleared them all and just had my own.

Yes, you ca nmoooodify the accounts tree at will.  From the main accounts
view, I think it is the "Delete" toolbutton, or possibly "edit" that you want!

HTH,
Maf.

> Jonathan
> *
> *
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542