A solution for the invoice printing problem with hp printer - for Geert

Mark Baustian mbaustian at frontiernet.net
Mon Feb 4 14:46:17 EST 2013

I found someone at HP who sent me the appended infor to try to address this
problem and it worked. The big problem on my machine was getting the latest
version of hplip which for my distro wasn't in a community repository, there
was no HP automatic install, and the manual install generated more dependancy
errors than it was worth dealing with. When the new version became available I
followed these instructions and it worked.

Mark

=> Download and install the latest HPLIP release from
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/install/index.html (automatic
installer) or
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/manual/index.html (manual
installation, if automatic installer does not work)

=> run "hp-check --fix" command in the terminal if manual installation
is done

=> Reconfigure print queue with the commands in the terminal mentioned below.
       => system-config-printer (remove all print queues)
      =>  su  -c  "hp-plugin"
             or
      =>  sudo hp-plugin  (This will download right plugin)
       => hp-setup (It should not be run in a root mode. This command is
adding print queue, make sure you select ppd name having "-ps" or "hpcups"
substring)
=>Try printing now.