Last year's general ledger

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:46:38 EST 2013

On 5 February 2013 13:04, rudolph maier <r.maier92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a new user. In July or August I began to put data in GnuCash for a
> small medical practice. At the end of 2012, it disappeared and I can't find
> it. It's not in the Recycle Bin and I don't think I deleted it.
> offers no way of retrieving this ledger and I will need it for taxes. It
> must be somewhere in my Windows XP. How do I look for the missing data?

The accounts file will probably have the extension .gnucash so if you
search your system for files with the extension .gnucash then you may
find it.  In fact search for files that have gnucash anywhere in the
name and you may find the gnucash backup files.

If you know which folder you saved the original file in then the
backup files that gnucash makes automatically should be in there.

Colin