Unity Launcher Shortcuts [WAS Re: File problem]

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:02:53 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 3 February 2013 14:05, David Carlson <carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > My Unity Launcher has grown to
> > become unwieldy and for GnuCash drilling down through the Home folder
> > looking for the files mentioned in this thread would also become
> tiresome.

[snip Colin's detailed description on how to create shortcuts in the Unity
Launcher]

I've been using shortcuts on my own system for a few months, but I liked
Colin's example and description so much I edited it some more and created a
page for it on the Wiki:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Unity_Shortcuts

Currently I've linked to it from the Ubuntu installation page
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Ubuntu but it's probably more of a FAQ sort of
thing. If anyone thinks it's ready for "prime time" maybe add an entry on
the FAQ. I suspect it's still a bit confusing for the average user.