Customizing Accounts

Emily Tavis emilytavis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:26:11 EST 2013

Hi, I am new to GnuCash and was wondering how I can customize my income/expense categories (i.e. Auto Insurance: expense, Income: Sales) after my accounts are already set up.  I am needing to make income/expense items more specific for my business.  For example: rather than just having Income: Sales, I need to have subcategories for the specific items or categories that I am selling.  I was able to alter some of them in the initial setup but after I set up my accounts I cannot find the list to make changes to.  Is this a feature of GnuCash?  Thanks!