gnucash 4 android without GOOGLE PLAY?

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:25:52 EST 2013

Hi Liz,

On 2013-02-06, at 14:37, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> [...]
> I have an aversion to the Google Play store also. I think we should be
> hosting the Android version on Sourceforge with all the other versions.

The Android app is really a different project than GnuCash. The developer hosts his project infrastructure (source code, issue tracker) on GitHub. My personal opinion: I think hosting the Android download on the GnuCash SourceForge page would blur the lines between the projects and force the GnuCash developers to take on an added responsibility, taking their time away from improving GnuCash :-)

Having a pre-built app download outside the App Store is a valid concern, though. Perhaps somebody can file an enhancement request in the project's issue tracker: https://github.com/codinguser/gnucash-android/issues

Regards,

Yawar