profit and loss report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 8 10:14:30 EST 2013

"David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> writes:

> @Noah:
> Maf. is right; the P&L was renamed Income Statement. Do you find this
> report, and does it meet your needs?
>
> @Others: Does anyone know when the P&L was renamed, and can anyone
> explain the reasoning behind the change? I tried searching the release
> news, but didn't find the report renaming mentioned anywhere in
> those... I would add this information to the Wiki if I had it.

It was renamed sometime early in the 2.x series -- I don't recall when
exactly, but it was from a major set of reports rewriting that happened
around that time to make it more "accounting compliant".  Part of that
rewrite was renaming the old 1.x P&L to Income Statement.  Of course
this confused many users, to this day, so sometime in the 2.4.x series I
re-added the P&L as an alternate name to the Income Statement.  It's
exactly the same report, just a different name.