profit and loss report

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 8 11:39:49 EST 2013

On 02/08/2013 10:15 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8 at verizon.net> writes:
>
>> Red Hat do not support gnucash, so I did need to get a lot of RPMs to
>> get it to load and run. This was tedious and slow, but not difficult.
>> ldd is your friend. YMMV.
>
> Sure they do!  It's part of the EPEL repository.  Just add that repo and
> then you can safely "yum install gnucash".  This is true on both EL5 and
> EL6.

I guess it is a difference in point-of-view. Since I run Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (6 at the moment), and they support that, that is what
I meant by support. And they do not distribute gnucash with it, and it
is not in the RHEL 6 repositories. So if I log into their site for
support, I am never even offered the EPEL stuff.

As far as I know, I got most of the needed rpms for gnucash from EPEL,
but perhaps not all. You call that supported by Red Hat, and I do not.
But as a practical matter your view is just as good as mine.