Backup file in Windows

Hazlett hazlettm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 02:10:53 EST 2013

I'm brand new to GnuCash.
I did manage to import my data from Quicken.
And I have a gnucash data file in this folder too.
Also, I have a few .log files in this same folder.
However, I don't seem to have any backups generated by gnucash.
The documentation says everytime I do a save it should create a backup file
consisting of my datafile name with an appended gnucash then the date and
time stamp.
I get some small log files that have that format, but not data files.
Also, I find it odd that these files have no Windows properties for date
stamps. No Date modified, Date created or Date last saved.
What am I missing?