1. Scheduled transaction editor(SX) 2. Gnucash quit unexpectedly 3. Chart of accounts 4. Column sort order

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Feb 14 10:31:23 EST 2013

On Feb 13, 2013, at 9:08 PM, Peter Kiessling <pjkiess at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. On quitting a session I may get reminder to save file, which I click.  Gnucash quits but a new window opens saying it quit unexpectedly and has some stuff that looks like a log file. There is a "reopen'" button which when clicked gives another window saying unable to  provide a "LocK"
> and "open anyway"

This is a know bug, which I can't find in Bugzilla ATM.

> 3. I've built a customized "Chart of Accounts". How can I copy this and then import it into a new virgin file of gnucash. Like when archiving and starting new accounting period.

File>Export Accounts.

But don't, at least not for starting a new accounting period. The reports are designed to take care of accounting periods for you so that you can keep all of your history in one file. If you want to flush income and expense accounts to equity, use  Tools>Close Book

> 4. In the accounts, for instance, a column sort order appears to be Alpha or numeric ascending and descending with arrows but one position is blank and rearranges things on what?
Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Regards,
John Ralls