gnucash-user Digest, Vol 119, Issue 35

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 14 13:49:48 EST 2013

DonM <dm413-gc at intielectronics.com> writes:

> [...]

You can, but it will only search for memos on the split that is
explicitly tied to the current account.  I.e, what you are effectively
searching for is:

  where Split.Account == ThisAccount AND Split.Memo == "memo"

It sounds like what you WANT to be able to do is:

  where Split.Account == ThisAccount AND
  Split.ParentTransaction.AnySplit.Memo == "memo"

Unfortunately this latter query does not exist, and would actually be
somewhat hard to implement in the current Query format, specifically
because "AnySplit" doesn't exist and would be hard to implement.