Multiple csv file import/conversion

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 02:25:50 EST 2013

Hello all -

I wanted to confirm that it's not possible to import a csv file directly
into Gnucash mapping to the following fields?

As a work around I manged to import the 'memo' column into the 'Num' field
in Gnucash but this is only good for short entries.

*Date Description Memo Category Clr Amount*

At the moment entries are filtered first by description and then by category
ready for importing. The idea here was to import each group into Gnu cash
selecting a bank account first then the category. Unfortunately it seems to
only allow selection of the category one entry at a time during the import
process?

I have searched the forums a few times with no luck so far, perhaps my
search criteria is out given the popularity o keeping accounts on
spreadsheets.

Converting into a QIF file is one option but I wanted to check before over
complicating things - thanks.