reports

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 12:38:38 EST 2013

Harold--

Basically, in GnuCash, you assign accounts to tax code lines. For example, your mortgage interest account (e.g., Expenses:Interest:Mortgage) would get assigned to Schedule A, Line 10: Interest. Then, when you run the TXF report, it will tally the transactions for that account and align them with Schedule A, Line 10.

The Edit Tax Options system is a little challenging; it will not allow you to change more than one account at a time, unless they are all designated for the same Tax line (think Interest income from more than one savings account). It is not able to handle capital gains or losses (as far as I know). But overall, as I said, once you have it set up, it's pretty straightforward.

David