Taxes death

James Gruetzner adastraarms1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:36:43 EST 2013

I think I understand.  So, when I make a $10 sale, for example, with a 7%
sales tax,
 - Income:  Sales:   increase $10
 - Liability:State Sales tax:  Increase $0.70
 - Assets:Current:Undeposited:  Increase $1.70

Suppose ten identical sales are all I do for the tax period, so I owe $7.00
in taxes to the state.

  - Assets:Checking:  decrease $7.00 (check payed to state)
  - Liability:State Sales Tax:  decrease $7.00

Expenses:Taxes:Sales tax never gets touched.

Is that correct?

Thanks!
   James