Cannot find text or value inside a split

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 19 13:20:00 EST 2013

Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> writes:

>> That's not correct. Select View>Transaction Journal to see all of the
>> splits for all of the transactions. It's the default view for "Find"
>> results windows.
>>
>> It's not that we can't replicate the logic, it's that the Find code
>> *doesn't* replicate the logic, because the author wasn't thinking of
>> the use case that we're discussing here.  Patches welcome.
>
> It was the fact that someone earlier in the thread (was it Derek?)
> suggested that it would be challenging to implement that made me
> assume it was a more fundamental problem.

Well, technically it IS a more fundamental problem -- see the email I
just sent explaining it.  John is right that I wasn't thinking about
this use case, but even now thinking about it I still think it would be
very hard to implement given the current design limitations of the
QofQuery framework (again, see my previous email for more details).