new user on windowns 7: customer and invoice disappear

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 19 13:29:38 EST 2013

Monica,

"Monica Grover" <monica.grover at usa.com> writes:

> Hi ,
>
> I have just downloaded and installed gnucash - so please bear with me if this old question.
> I created a Customer but the "find" menu form shows blank if I enter "." in text field.
> I was able to see it after a few tries and created an invoice.
> Then I had same trouble with both customer and invoice.
> Maybe I am doing something silly - I tried repeatedly and only once it showed up.

Did you, perhaps, mark the customer as InActive, by clicking away the
"Active" checkbox?  (same question for the invoice?)

You can click on the 'search inactive.." checkbox on the search dialog
to search for your inactive customers and invoices.

If this STILL doesn't show up -- perhaps you accidentally created
multiple data files by opening a backup file instead of your main data
file?