gnucash external api?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 19 13:35:44 EST 2013

"Paris&Joanne Eckton" <jeckton at gmail.com> writes:

> We are a startup company looking for an accounting solution that will
> capture transactions from an online payment processor rather than
> manual entry from a UI.  Does gnucash support this?

Are you asking for a real-time "push" of transactions into a gnucash
datastore?  Or are you asking for a way for GnuCash to pull data from
some other payment processor?  There is nothing I know of for the
former, although you could potentially write something using the Python
bindings.  However the latter is possible, depending on how you can
obtain the data from the processor.  E.g., if you can get the data in
QIF or OFX then you could import it into GnuCash.