Multiple csv file import/conversion

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 21:16:10 EST 2013

Take two (I hope you all are not getting bunches of emails, sorry if you
are).

Hello again.

Please forgive the off topic query but I didn't want to start a whole new
thread for a simple Q'n (hopefully simple).

Ok, having followed the help tutorials several times adding transactions,
splits ect all seems well apart from the Visa account.

I credited this with $100 as per tutorial which showed as a positive credit
putting the Visa account balance $100 in the black. However when I tried
repeating a similar transaction from the checking account it appears as a
debit, i.e a payment in both accounts?

I have scoured the tutorial as to why but none the wiser. If possible I
would like to also change the Visa register heading from 'charge' (maybe
American?) to 'deposit' as charge tends to indicate a payment or at least
that is how I interpret it.

The following Tip from the help file is the closest I came when searching.

*Tip Liabilities in accounting act in an opposite manner from assets:
credits (right-column value entries) increase liability account balances and
debits (left-column value entries) decrease them. (See note later in this
chapter)*

Thanks -