Imbalances-Trial Balance

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 15:50:25 EST 2013

This comes from not accurately tracking your realized capital gains, which
Quicken will not export, even if it does report them correctly( I am not
sure, I don't have the investment version any more.)  If you want to have
accurate history, you will need to fix each closing transaction(usually
sales) individually.
See the guide section on stock sales.  The documentation is a little thin,
but there are a couple of threads here about some of the quirks.  One of
the quirks is that GnuCash does not include commissions in the capital
gains if you set them out as separate line items in your transactions.
Then you need to have your own spreadsheet anyway come tax time.
If you do not need accurate history before last year, there is a shortcut,
but I do not remember the details. Others please help here.

David C