Remove a zero valued split

David J. Bakeman dbakeman at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 17:09:05 EST 2013

On 02/23/2013 01:42 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 23 February 2013 21:37, Ian Konen <iankonen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I save a transaction with a split that I later decide I want to remove
>> (could be fixing an imbalance or just changing my mind about how to
>> categorize purchase with mixed expenses) I cannot figure out how to remove
>> the zeroed out split, other than making a new transaction and deleting the
>> old one.  Am I missing something or is there a good reason one shouldn't
>> remove a split from a transaction?  To be clear, the zero value splits
>> aren't screwing any numbers up...they just make the books look more
>> cluttered.
> If you just delete the contents of every field on a split line then
> the split will disappear.
I have not found this to be the case with 2.4.11 anyway.  After you get
rid of all of the fields then you can right click on the split and
select delete transaction and this will get rid of the split.  I found
this when I was going through getting rid of Imbalances.  I found
transactions in the imbalance account with no associated amount because
the imbalance had already been fixed but deleting the transaction did
completely get rid of the split line.