Merging 2 gnucash files

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Mon Feb 25 21:52:37 EST 2013

Hi,

Thanks a lot, this really seems to work. Including split transactions
etc. I really hope that it is robust enough!
What I mean with robust: For example, I import, check the "Total" of the
top accounts, thinking everything is fine and then I see months later
that something is completely screwed up.

If this does potentially not happen, it is fine (it is just a one-time
import).

However, there is one account which is just not exported using
gnucashtoqif! The account shows up in the QIF but no transactions. When
importing, this account does not show up at all.

It was an "equity" account under "Equity" which I used to "virtually"
transfer money from the other GNU cash file (i.e., it was not an income
because I had the money already in my other file and it is not an asset
or liability because that would have screwed up my balance what I "have"
and "owe" in the current file.

In any case, I thought that maybe Equity is not supported and moved the
account under Income (and changed the type to "Income"). Unfortunately
it is still not in the QIF file. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Luke